The overwhelming majority of newyorkshoppingstore.com users are trustworthy and well-meaning.
With millions of human interactions, the incidence of violent crime related to craigslist is extremely low.
Millions of violent crimes occur in the U.S. each year: 10,000+ homicides, 600,000+ robberies, 5 million assaults.
Vanishingly few of these are online classifieds related.
Nevertheless, please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
* Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
* Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
* Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
* Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
* Take your cell phone along if you have one.
* Consider having a friend accompany you.
* Trust your instincts.
* Taking these simple precautions helps make craigslist safer for everyone.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources:
Please review our avoiding scams page as well.