Lifeline Vascular Care
Position verifies patient insurance coverage, obtains pre-authorizations and Primary Care Provider referrals, schedules patient appointments, coordinates the patient intake process and provides administrative support to the center.
* Verifies insurance eligibility, obtains PCP referrals and authorizations for each insurance the patient has in advance of every appointment and documents communication with insurance companies in the scheduling system.
* Correctly selects appropriate insurance payors in the patient?s electronic chard and prioritizes accurately for billing. Works closely with the ROPS department on billing.
* Verifies and enters accurate patient demographic information into the scheduling system.
* Schedules appointments to maximize patient service and optimize patient schedule. Prioritizes incoming referrals and accommodates same day emergency add-on procedures. Provides appointment reminder calls in advance of appointments and track no-show or cancellations. Completes patient registration and check-in procedures.
* Serves as liaison between physicians and referring facilities ensuring medical procedure results are forwarded to dialysis facility and or referring physician.
* Performs administrative support activities including answering and routing calls, correspondence, filing, faxing, mailing
* Participates in community education activities and programs
* Other duties as assigned.
* Highschool Diploma Required
* One year experience in a healthcare or medical billing office
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Ability to multi-task and manage time to complete various duties with busy in-coming phone lines and hold times with insurance companies
* Provide exceptional customer service
* Ability to deal with confidential information and issues involving discretion and judgement