Score Media and Gaming Inc. empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly-personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, and Indiana. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (SCR), theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
Are you a social media obsessive with great ‘takes’, expert research skills, polished writing chops and trivia-level sports knowledge? Then this is the perfect role for you!
We’re looking for a hungry and inquisitive go-getter with a proven track record of finding and telling captivating stories. Working hand-in-hand with both our content and social departments, the Content Creator will help deliver incredible stories to our vast and dedicated app and social audience. The ideal candidate is extremely versatile and will generate ideas for content series, write scripts and act as an on-camera personality for existing and new franchises. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a great storyteller, creative, thoughtful, always up to speed on the latest on- and off-field trends and very comfortable in front of a camera or microphone.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
– Write both short- and long-form scripts for existing and new video franchises, spanning a variety of social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok).
– Take part in weekly content brainstorms and production meetings.
– Pitch new concepts for video franchises and assist in refining existing ones.
– Record both voiceovers and on-camera reads for video content series.
– Collaborate with team members to ensure the production of high quality work.
– Assist in other tasks related to video productions and/or distribution channels.
– Other duties as required.
– Proven experience as a content creator and writer.
– Comfortable on-camera; familiarity with video production a plus.
– Experience writing for broadcast and/or developing multimedia concepts.
– A sports and sports media junkie, especially regarding the NBA, NFL, MLB and college sports.
– Knowledge of and a passion for sports betting is considered an asset.
– An authority on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok, including: content, data, analytics, trends and latest developments.
– A degree in journalism is preferred.
– Versatility to write and comment across a wide variety of sports and on topics ranging from business to off-field conduct and cultural trends.
– Ability to work under tight deadlines.
– Proven self-starter who excels in a collaborative environment.
– Available to work weekends and evenings when required.
What We Offer:
– Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
– Comprehensive Benefits package.
– Fun, relaxed work environment.
– Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.