Excellence Community Schools
Full Job Description
Art Teacher (NY) – Job Description
Who We Are:
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum – which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
Who We Need:
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. This position is ideal for candidates that wish to fully pursue a credentialed lead teaching position. Becoming an educational associate serves as an internship for candidates who wish to develop their expertise through observation and experience in preparation for a meaningful and successful teaching career. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
· New York State Teacher Certification in Art or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area required.
· At least 2 years of teaching experience at the elementary school level required.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
· Plan and implement lesson plans for teaching concepts, skills, and theory in art.
· Create and deliver thoughtful, meaningful, and integrated lessons aligned to state standards.
· Motivate scholars during activities to help them develop skills and appreciation.
· Collaborate with assigned grade-level team to plan and execute reading instruction for one period each day.
· Modify existing instructional plans as necessary to accommodate individual student’s special needs.
· Administer assessments, collect, and analyze data gathered on each student.
· Build relationships with students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s progress and motivation.
· Participate in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs.
· Provides coverage for classroom teachers, lunch/recess, and/or dismissal as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
· Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan
· Performance-based compensation for staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $51,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.