$20.78 – $25.94 an hour
- Salary Range:
- $20.78 – $25.94 per hour
- Requisition no: 504215
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Facilities Operations
- Grade: Serv: Heavy Cleaner
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Support Staff – Union –
- Bargaining Unit: TWU – B&G
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range: $20.78 – $25.94 per hour
LOCATION: John Jay, Hartley and Wallach
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm
The Heavy Cleaner will ensure that the cleaning of assigned building is consistently and appropriately performed.
- The Heavy Cleaner will move materials and furniture as required; report building malfunctions as instructed, i.e. power failures, leaks, building equipment and any other damages; operate any/all motor-cleaning equipment to strip and wax floors, stairwells and corridors; sweep and mop entrance lobby, stairwells and elevator landings; polish marble or brass; wash walls and blackboards; clean mirrors, glass partitions, banisters and mailboxes, window-sills and baseboards in common area and dust assigned areas.
- The Heavy Cleaner will also clean all bathrooms and kitchens; remove spots and shampoo carpets; sweep and wash with hose exterior sidewalk, steps and courtyard; dispose of trash and recycling as directed by supervisor or management; clean compactor room; check all drains and remove debris and inspect, restock, and clean all areas of the building.
- Additionally the Heavy Cleaner will remove ice and snow and de-ice areas; receive and store 55-gallon drums, household supplies, and equipment; be responsible for the safekeeping, minor repairs, and preservation of all janitorial materials and equipment and perform other duties as assigned.
- In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, may be required to respond to any emergency on a 24-hour basis, and may be required to work overtime.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be physically fit to do extensive walking, stair climbing, lifting (maximum of 50lbs.) and carrying, and overhead work.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Oct 25 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Nov 01 2019 Eastern Daylight Time.
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.columbia.edu.