$15 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
Join an amazing team that is just missing one member- YOU!
- Competitive wages of $15 hourly
- Jobs in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx
- Immediate work in your preferred areas
- Full-time & Part-time
- Flexible hours based upon your availability and needs
- Paid travel between cases
- Union Membership (DC 1707, Local 389)
- Holiday rates
- Bereavement pay
- Free annual medical exam
- Free Uniform
Job Summary: To provide quality care to client in the client’s home as specified by the patient care plan in compliance with universal precautions and according to the established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization. Home Health Aide aide is a Certified HHA under Department of Health guidelines. A Home Health Aide has the responsibility of reporting client-related issues and changes to the home care agency as soon as the issue is identified.
Job Responsibilities: Home Health Aide shall include the performance of nutritional and environmental support functions including cleaning, shopping, laundry and meal prep as well as home health aide functions as outlined below.
Performs home health aide functions including some or total assistance with the following:
- Performs personal care functions including some or total assistance with the following:
- bathing of patient in the bed, the tub or in the shower;
- grooming, including care of hair, shaving and ordinary care of the nails teeth and mouth;
- toileting; this may include assisting the patient on and off the bed-pan commode or toilet
- walking, beyond that provided by durable medical equipment within the home and outside the home;
- transferring from bed to chair or wheelchair;
- preparing of meals in accordance with modified diets, including low sugar, low fat, low salt and low residue diets;
- administration of medication by the patient, including prompting the patient as to time, identifying the medication for the patient, bringing the medication and any necessary supplies or equipment to the patient, opening the container for the patient, positioning the patient for medication and administration, disposing of used supplies and materials and storing the medication properly;
- providing routine skin care;
- Using medical supplies and equipment such as walkers and wheelchairs; and
- changing of simple dressings
- Performs and documents direct client care delivery as specified on the care plan.
- Observes, records and reports information about client’s condition and home environment.
- Recognizes emergencies and follows agency procedures appropriately.
- Complies with agency confidential policies; demonstrates and understanding of patients rights and maintains respect for patient privacy and personal property.
- Documents hours worked by utilizing electronic time and attendance system (and submits duty sheets when warranted).
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
Education and/or Experience: No prior experience necessary but must be trained to be a New York State Certified Home Health Aide.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb, balance, taste or smell The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit employment-selfhelp.net.