Full Job Description
1. Oversee daily maintenance operations at development.
2. Supervise the repair of structures and equipment, maintenance of roof tanks, standpipe systems, sprinkler systems and auxiliary equipment. Supervise the care of buildings and ground through labor and material resources.
3. Monitor inventory supply and arrange for replenishment as needed.
4. Conduct building inspections and follow-up on repairs for PHAS preparations.
5. Monitor work orders in Maximo and deployment of staff to address repairs.
6. Oversee the repair work done by Maintenance Workers in residents’ apartments and public spaces.
7. Supervise the preparation of move-outs.
SPECIAL NOTE: Effective August 16, 2021, all persons newly hired for employment by the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) must provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning their employment, except for those who obtain an exception due to medical or religious reasons through the reasonable accommodation process.
After receiving a conditional offer of employment from NYCHA, an applicant for employment must provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine within a reasonable period of time. Failure by the applicant to provide NYCHA with proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine will result in NYCHA revoking the conditional offer, unless the applicant obtains an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Any person who begins their employment with NYCHA after providing proof of having received only one dose in a 2-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine, will also be required to provide NYCHA with proof of receipt of a second dose within 30 days of the first dose. Failure to do so will result in termination.
NOTE: The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) administered a civil service exam for the Assistant Resident Building Superintendent title on 6/02/2022. Therefore, applicants (candidates) that did not take and pass the exam will potentially not be considered, likewise applicants not reachable on the established civil service list will potentially be in jeopardy of being replaced with an eligible civil service candidate
NOTE: IF THIS APPOINTMENT IS MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS PURSUANT TO §65 OF THE NYS CIVIL SERVICE LAW, NO TENURE OR PERMANENCE ACCRUES TO AN INCUMBENT IN THIS POSITION BY VIRTUE OF SUCH APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, click on the link below
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the minimum qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. One year of permanent service in the title of Supervisor of Housing Caretakers, Heating Plant Technician (Housing Authority), Maintenance Worker or Supervising Housing Groundskeeper; or
2. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus four years of experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of large tenanted buildings, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity over at least two employees. Higher education may be substituted for up to two years of this experience on the basis of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for each year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least two years of experience supervising at least two maintenance employees.
1. This position is open as a promotional opportunity only. It is not open on a direct transfer (lateral) basis.
2. Preference will be given to employees who have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Click the “Apply Now” button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.
To apply for this job please visit a127-jobs.nyc.gov.