BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is looking for Census Outreach Workers! This is a great opportunity for people looking to gain work experience and make an impact in the community. Recent high school grads, college students and retirees with dynamic and outgoing personalities encouraged to apply.
No experience needed, however training provided for motivated individuals.
* Provide Census awareness to the community, present workshops on Census information, referral, and advocacy.
* Report to the Census Manager and complete tasks as assigned.
* Report the total number of community engagements to the Census Manager.
* Meet or exceed number of community engagements.
* Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
* Report to, and meet with, supervisor on a monthly basis.
* Conduct field work, as required during regular, and non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
* Perform additional duties as assigned
* High school diploma or experience working in community services and outreach programs.
* One year of experience preferred
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.