Amazon.com Services, Inc
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8-10 hours/day per shift
Amazon Shift Assistant
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of ‘possible’ further and further. Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Shift Assistants are part of the Last Mile operations in Amazon Logistics and play a crucial role in this rapidly growing team. Shift Assistants are responsible for daily management of department duties including: allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, providing work direction and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
- Track and report ATS/labor hours
- Occasionally, assist with production duties, train associates and verify SOP (standard operating procedure) compliance
- Ensure successful area performance through tracking and reporting metrics
- Independently assess all aspects of associate work performance and provide timely and detailed feedback
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives
- Maintain a full understanding of workflow and daily production goals
- Review and update SOP’s as required
- Ensure work areas remain clean and are properly equipped
- Identify and address safety hazards within the work area, and participate in safety initiatives
- Coach associates on ways to work safely at all times
- Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Provide vacation coverage for Area Managers
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, and/or prior Amazon experience
- Experience taking part in a kaizen or Shingi event in a similar environment
- Awareness and willingness to use OPEX tools and techniques
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) across various levels of an organization
- History of meeting/exceeding departmental goals
- Experience leading teams
- Capable of providing direction to team members using independent judgment
- Organization and time management skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.