Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Full Job Description
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.We Offer:
– Competitive wages
– Jobs in Nassau & Suffolk
– Immediate work in your preferred areas upon graduation
– Full-time & Part-time
– Flexible hours based upon your availability and needs
– Paid travel between cases
– Union Membership (DC 1707, Local 389)
– Holiday rates
– Bereavement pay
– Free annual medical exam
– Free Uniform
To provide quality care to client in the client’s home as specified by the patient care plan in compliance with universal precautions and according to the established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization. PCA is a Certified PCA under Department of Health guidelines. A personal care aide has the responsibility of reporting client-related issues and changes to the home care agency as soon as the issue is identified.
PCA shall include the performance of nutritional and environmental support functions including cleaning, shopping, laundry and meal prep as well as personal care functions as outlined below.
– Performs personal care functions including some or total assistance with the following:
* bathing of patient in the bed, the tub or in the shower;
* grooming, including care of hair, shaving and ordinary care of the nails teeth and mouth;
* toileting; this may include assisting the patient on and off the bed-pan commode or toilet
* walking, beyond that provided by durable medical equipment within the home and outside the home;
* transferring from bed to chair or wheelchair;
* preparing of meals in accordance with modified diets, including low sugar, low fat, low salt and low residue diets;
* administration of medication by the patient, including prompting the patient as to time, identifying the medication for the patient, bringing the medication and any necessary supplies or equipment to the patient, opening the container for the patient, positioning the patient for medication and administration, disposing of used supplies and materials and storing the medication properly;
* providing routine skin care;
* Using medical supplies and equipment such as walkers and wheelchairs; and
* changing of simple dressings
– Performs and documents direct client care delivery as specified on the care plan.
– Observes, records and reports information about client’s condition and home environment.
– Recognizes emergencies and follows agency procedures appropriately.
– Complies with agency confidential policies; demonstrates and understanding of patients rights and maintains respect for patient privacy and personal property.
– Documents hours worked by utilizing electronic time and attendance system (and submits duty sheets when warranted).
– Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Selfhelp complies with all Federal, State and Local laws in regards to wages.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: No prior experience necessary but must be trained to be a certified Personal Care Aide.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Personal Care Aide Certification.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb, balance, taste or smell The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, and has occasional risk of electrical shock and exposure to pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and may occasionally be loud.
To apply for this job please visit employment-selfhelp.net.