The Seasonal Women’s Shoes Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers during periods of high volume. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Holiday Retail Support Associate arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy’s magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don’t forget – just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area.
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store.
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
No specific educational accomplishment is required.
No experience is required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Able to use a calculator.
Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focs adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Must be able to collaborate and function as part of a team.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
To apply for this job please visit www.macysjobs.com.