A SUBWAY® Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
* Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
* Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes the change.
* Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
* Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
* Checks products in the sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
* Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards during food preparation service and clean up.
* Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
* Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas, and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
* Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
* Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
* Completes University of SUBWAY®courses as directed
Education: Some High School or equivalent
Experience: No previous experience required